Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 October 2018

287. Should I get a television?


The attempted multiple assassinations of senior US democrats and the anti-Semitic murders in Pittsburgh following Trump’s relentless haranguing of the press and opposition and his increasingly bold support for neo-Nazis is both scary and depressing, underpinned as it is by global economic destabilisation caused by his ridiculous tariffs and corrupt government.

On this side of the pond we continue relentlessly with Brexit via a minority government kept in power by 10 DUP dinosaurs (see blog 241 http://browngirloutsidethering.blogspot.com/2017/06/241-tory-dup-magic-money-deal.html )  As a result, Ireland is at risk of being plunged back into pre-Good Friday Agreement chaos.
In other words, the two most politically significant Western powers of the 20th century have squandered Democracy.

And today The House of Commons will debate Philip Hammond’s fiscal fantasy in the form of The Autumn Budget when everyone knows it is just so much crap on a dung heap and none of it will be relevant come March 2019 – just over 4 months.

Should I give in and get a TV and just spend my time lost in spangled, scented shit like everyone else? Maybe I’ll get a smart phone (I won’t – I have no money) so an app can tell me when to breathe, then I won’t have to notice all the stupid, unnecessary, stupid, stupid, stupid, (did  I mention unnecessary?) mess.

*

Well – dear bleader – I am in the midst of rehearsing the show I hinted at earlier in the year. Info will be on next week’s blog so if you like some politics with your comedy watch this space.