Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 February 2022

421. £3 for ME – because I’m not the puerile, partying PM or the ‘problem’ prince.

BANDCAMP Friday – this Feb 4th

Midnight to midnight PST (8am Friday to 8am Saturday GMT).

This week is the first  bandcamp Friday of 2022. So, this week, instead of a full bloggy rant with a footnote I am JUST flagging the ‘me’ stuff. These promo days started in 2020 to support artists whose work dried up during covid.

I, like many solo practitioners, was not a beneficiary of government covid funding – unlike many fraudsters who, thanks to government incompetence – mopped up multiple millions of that money – never to be seen again. But don’t worry – the vile Therese Coffey – Work and Pensions secretary - is on it. She is making the benefits system even more draconian, attacking the poor at a time of self-induced crisis (Brexit) and when the cost of living is skyrocketing.

But back to bandcamp. As someone who is not on any social media platform – you know the ones – where you ‘earn’ $millions by playing games or insistently posting about your fake perfect life or creating fun situations where others degrade themselves – lack of real life work opportunities impacts on my book sales. And I’m not a celebrity so no one is going to buy my stuff based on a photoshoped pic of me on a beach in a bikini (heaven forbid) next to a plucked, orange-skinned, veneer-toothed reality TV star with glossy abs.

So – I am asking my bleaders (blog readers) – in fact anyone who finds their way to this blog – even accidentally – to check out the my Casey & the Surfmen audio on bandcamp. Do please purchase a copy knowing that the ENTIRE £3 will – this Friday – come to me and not be eaten up in commission. Buy it, even if a magical, uplifting, epic poetry story about people power in the face of the criminal destruction of the environment for profit is not your bag. Think of it as a tip if you have – at any time over the last decade engaged with my posts for free. So – yeah – the looming environmental disaster – just one of the many pressing issues not getting full media attention because of the circus surrounding our puerile, partying PM and the ‘problem’ prince.

 If you enjoy the audio of C&tS, there is a paperback version (also a bargain e-version) check them out HERE. The majority of my books are now on expanded distribution so there is a good chance you can buy from your favourite online bookstore.

And remember – when considering whether to spend what is often referred to as the price of a coffee (I dunno –I’m the woman on the train with a flask…) I definitely deserve it and will spend it wisely. Talking of coffee also remember, I’m not Therese Coffey and I am not Boris Johnson and not Prince Andrew and they get LOADS of your money…

*

My blog is each Tuesday. Last week I was away looking after grandchildren and pre-scheduled my blog post but for some reason best known to google (or my incompetence) it posted itself on Monday instead of Tuesday… BGOTR is Tuesdays. AND there are buttons at the bottom of each post to share this blog.