Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 February 2019

299. This Blog post will change your life…


… (It won’t)

Ok - after last week’s splurge of sarcasm I realise that it’s me that is out of step so, this week I’m doing NORMAL.

I had a cursory look online to see what counts for normal these days.

So firstly, ignore the dire warnings about the appalling state of the natural world and obviously don’t read my dystopian sci fi novella unless you are mad
Instead, look at what rich, thin, vacuous women are wearing at various spangly meaningless events or watch comedians who have run out of material talking to each other on game shows. Stomached that for about 2 minutes.

Then apparently there are lots of mysterious things those nasty, pesky doctors don’t want you to know; medical and beauty secrets that will magically make you younger / healthier / more attractive/ thinner yada yada yada with NO effort. So, I came up with two of those – a. don’t eat shit. b. walk around a bit. Ok that’s that done.

Plus, here is a picture of my half-century+++ face after four days with my grandson, little sleep and no makeup because, apparently, if you are a woman, that makes you a hero these days. I generally wear eyeliner and lipstick if I’m performing because it’s quite important for an audience to be able to clearly read facial expressions while I have a rant about how we're all fucked by Brexit (woops, sorry, shouldn't have said the 'B' word) but apparently the rest of the time I am akin to a firefighter diving into a raging inferno to rescue 8 children from an 11th floor or a civil rights activist... just because I leave home without slapping ridiculously expensive chemical kack on my face every single day and go places where other people might see me.

Also – here is a gluten-free egg-free recipe for coconut macaroons that will change the way you eat forever (it really won’t).

Shredded coconut - as much as you can get in half a small bowl (your local Asian supermarket will probably sell pre-shredded coconut)
About half that amount again in rice flour and ground almonds (if your budget is tight – more rice flour than ground almonds)
Vanilla essence if you have it. Vanilla extract or real vanilla if you won the lottery
Wee bit salt
The equivalent of 6 tbsp of melted coconut oil (pound shops or Aldi etc sell it cheap)
Honey or – if you just came into an inheritance – maple syrup
Mix and mush
Squidge into balls and bake in medium oven for 15 – 20 mins
Leave to set for about an hour (or less if you cannot wait)
Eat with a cup of tea either on your own or with a friend if you are feeling generous. Hide some in a tin so they don’t eat them all. Couldn’t be arsed to take a picture but I’m assuming most folk who eat food or ever ambled by a bakery know what a coconut macaroon looks like.

I know I really should have put up a story about how something inane changed my life but I can’t think of anything apart from GROWING UP.

See – a whole blog post that is entirely normal…