Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 March 2024

OK – I’ll do it… (494)

I hear (or imagine I hear) the clamour.

Amanda – PLEASE – you do it. You become Prime Minister. For goodness sake. Save us. Become Tory PM and call an election. Replace rubbish, risible, ridiculous Rishi.

Alright – I’m not an MP – but then neither is David Cameron and he is Foreign Sec. Pretty important in the current climate. And on the plus side, I didn’t bring the country to its knees with austerity or fuck up by holding an EU referendum to try to sort the problems in the Tory party - so that is score 1 to me.

I don’t have time to practice being racist and bigoted so you’d have to do without that but frankly would one less person being a total Tory turd even be noticed as those left at the bottom of the Conservative barrel scrap it out to see who can be the worst sort of person imaginable.

Having a sense of human responsibility probably also rules me out. You only have to listen to Tories and their media mouth-pieces talking about the success or failure of the miserable, mean, misanthropic Rwanda scheme as if it’s simply about point scoring now rather than anything to do with actual human lives - to know that.

But I’m only talking about being PM in order to call an election.

Tory back room chunter is apparently all about Penny Mordaunt’s chances but I saw a clip of her at the coronation. She’s clearly off her nut.

Nor do I have any rich mates who I could give contracts to so they can profit from a deadly global disease or from all the companies that have been privatised. Also – I can’t imagine sanctioning multi-million pound contracts to some  bastard racist just because he bunged the party a few quid but I’d happily give government money to – oh I dunno – the NHS or help for affordable housing, or schools or to repair roads or other mad crazy wild stuff like that.

It would only be for a few weeks and I might quite enjoy it. Apparently you get to take pointless trips in helicopters and when polling is dire you pop over for a photo op with that Ukrainian comedian.

Mainly – the competence bar is so catastrophically, unbelievably low now that as long as I wasn’t caught eating cat turds out of the gutter while singing La Marseillaise out of tune in a hailstorm – surely I’d be the best leader the Tories have had in a very very long time…

*

As always, do check out My BOOKS Buying a book is a good way of supporting this blog and better than that buy-a-coffee thing because you end up with something to give your mum/aunty/anyone who still reads for pleasure.