Total Pageviews

Friday 5 February 2021

Nothing Compares (to Boris Johnson)

Yes – its intermittent Friday fever again here on BGOTR (regular posts are on Tuesdays) with altered lyrics to go with our altered reality where the man who caused so many unnecessary UK deaths with his carelessness and incompetence is now feted in the right wing media because communities and the NHS – so trashed by his party over the last decade – have succeeded in competently rolling out the vaccine. But then I supposed it’s a good diversion from the economic horrors of Brexit.

 

Nothing Compares

It's been eleven months that feel like centuries
Since you took so many lives away
I don’t go out at all and sleep all day
Since you took so many lives away
Since you been PM, I can’t do anything I want
I can’t see whomever I choose

I can’t eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant (even with eat out to help out)
But nothing
I said nothing can take away these blues
'Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares to your incompetence

It's been such a mess since you’ve been here
Like a turd that hangs around too long
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
Tell me baby, where did you go wrong?
I could put my arms around every stinking Brexit fish I see
But they'd only remind me of you

I went to the doctor, guess what he told me
Guess what he told me
He said, "Girl you better hang on to your sanity, no matter what you do
Bo Jo’s a fool”

'Cause nothing (etc…