Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 November 2019

326. Extreme Brexit coping strategy… (do not try this at home)


I thought Lib Dem leader Swinson erred badly in pushing the other opposition parties to an election.


Then, since a pact between the two nasty parties was ruled out by Johnson, things looked a little different and I fantasised about the possibilities of a hung parliament leading to a genuine alliance of all Remain MPs from Remain constituencies – including Labour – finally lancing the suppurating Brexit boil.

Sadly, if no one else – some Brexiters may have read my blog last week and my fantasy was short lived. Farage again proved that he is as adept at swivelling on a stick and ignoring anything he may have said three minutes previously as the leaders of the two major parties. His democracy botherers will now not stand – he says – in direct challenge to Tory seats in Leave voting areas.

Plus, you only have to note the stepping down of Green candidate for Filton as he near fainted like a Gothic heroine in a bad Victorian novel at the prospect of the Leave alliance “rank opportunism” to see why the right almost always get their way in these circumstances. Opportunity is EXACTLY what sane folk need right now.

So – incredibly weary and lost for words as I am – here is an old doodle. It pencils the way the elite have crapped on ordinary people since 1983 when Thatcher began selling off what had been retrieved for us after WWII. And yet still the nasties enjoy the votes of huge swathes of the very people they are screwing.




And here is my extreme granny’s coping mechanism which I recommend if you are truly truly as desperate as I am. The water is Loch Long - Ardentinny. That is me (you can just see my head in the first pic) at the weekend – and yes I am swimming in a loch  here in Scotland in NOVEMBER…





I was so cold when I got out, my skin felt as if it was on fire but at least I could not form a coherent thought about Brexit - or anything else for that matter…

*
For light relief check out my new (to be launched early 2020) comedy novel Sex Violence & the Wrong Mobility Scooter or if you fancy a dystopian peek at where we are headed try Zero One Zero Two or if you want a fantasy adventure for your young reader that actually stars a girl hero all the way through – one who doesn’t fade out – check out the Eleanor trilogy starting with Eleanor & Dread Mortensa by visiting my author page -